Current Career Opportunities
ELECTRICAL / CONTROLS / AUTOMATION PROFESSIONAL
ID No: 3-1229
MPE’s Medicine Hat region supports several sophisticated SCADA systems comprising multiple facilities linked by multi-point communications networks. Our scope of services generally includes:
- Electrical, controls, and instrumentation design for new facilities.
- SCADA system design and implementation.
- Construction inspections to ensure compliance with design.
- Upgrades to existing control systems.
- Ongoing SCADA system support and optimization.
- Typical instrumentation includes both established and emerging technologies for: pressure, level, flow, temperature, water and wastewater quality analysis, etc.
- Typical electrical components include variable frequency drives, pumps, chemical feed systems, fans, blowers, HVAC systems, generator sets, switch gear; and power supply metering, monitoring, and filtering, etc.
Our office is the ideal size to allow the successful candidate to play a key role on projects, interfacing directly with clients and contractors, and the opportunity to further expand our capacity in the Medicine Hat area. We are recruiting for a range of experience levels from Junior to Senior. The positions will be adapted to the strengths and experience of the successful applicants.
A degree or diploma in a relevant discipline and eligibility for professional membership in APEGA or ASET is desirable; however, direct, hands-on experience is also an asset. Other desirable competencies include knowledge of the Canadian Electrical Code and how to apply it to electrical design and experience in control panel design, PLC programming, SCADA technologies, computer IT, and commissioning.
Please submit resumes to:
Brent Robertson, P.Eng.
Medicine Hat Region Manager
We thank all people in advance for submitting resumes; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Apply for this position
Return to Current Career Opportunities